Four days after the arrest in Brussels of Salah Abdeslam, a suspect in the Paris bombings in November, bombs were detonated at the airport and subway stations in Brussesls on Tuesday causing multiple deaths and serious injuries. Salah Abdeslam is one of 10 men suspected of planning and terrorist attacks in and around Paris on November 13 that killed 130 people.
Confusion and panic dominated the area before Brussels officials shut down the entries and exits to the city. All flights to Belgium have been diverted and all trains to and from Brussels have been cancelled.We are asking that you join us in prayer for the country of Belgium. Pray for:
• The families of the bombing victims that the God of all grace bring them comfort in their time of sorrow.
• Wisdom needed by governmental officials to deal with the aftermath of this attack
• For mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual healing of those who have been devastated by yet another terrorist attack.
• Those who planned the attacks, as well as those who carried them out and are still alive, be found and brought to justice not just in the courts of man, but in the courts of heaven.
• Christians in Belgium and beyond to show the love of Jesus Christ to those who are hurting and confused over this tragedy.
May we all ask the Holy Spirit of God to help us to stay alert to the attacks of the enemy – both natural and spiritual – who only comes to steal, kill and destroy, according to the Word of the Lord in John 10:10.
May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the God of All Comfort, provide His mercy, grace, healing and comfort to those who mourn in Brussels, Belgium, and beyond.