As we celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we praise Him for the forgiveness of our sins and restoring our relationship back to God, the Father.
During this Easter season, we see Jesus Christ in His human form, coming to Earth to fulfill the work that God, the Father, has assigned Him. He healed the sick, taught the Word of God, and preached the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus also gathered disciples so that they can continue the work He started after He left the Earth and returned to heaven where He sits at the right hand of His Father.This is where we see Him in all His splendor and glory has co-regent, co-ruler with His Father. We sometimes limit our view of Jesus as only Savior of our souls because He died on the cross for our sins, when in fact He is Lord and Divine Ruler over everything in heaven and earth. Here are seven reasons why we should honor Jesus as Lord:
1. He is the visible image of God the Father, who is invisible. He expresses the divine nature of God because all that God is lives in bodily form in Christ. (Colossians 1: 15a, 2:9)
2. He is the first and supreme over all of creation (Colossians 1:15b)
3. Through Him, God created everything in heaven and earth – whether visible or invisible such as angelic beings. (Colossians 1:16)4. He is pre-eminent over everything because He existed before anything else (Colossians 1:17a)
5. He holds the entire creation together. (Colossians 1:17b)
6. He is the originator and head of the church, the universal body of believers in Christ. (Colossians 1:18a)
7. He is the first in everything, including those who will rise from the dead. (Colossians 1:18 b)
Jesus Christ came to tear down the curtain that separated us from God, so that we can come before God’s throne “by a new and living way” (Hebrews 10:20). We should forever be grateful for all that Jesus Christ has done for us and adjust our sight to see Him not just as our Savior, but also as our Lord.